Earlier this year, I made a life changing decision to focus my law practice exclusively on helping families protect their assets and loved ones with estate planning and elder law. In fact, I joined the American Academy of Estate Planning Attorneys, an exclusive national membership organization committed to providing law firms with the tools, education, and resources they need to educate families about estate planning. The reason for the shift in focus was to provide real value to our community.
Many families here in the Los Angeles community, are lacking the education and resources they need to protect themselves from taxes, probate, divorce, lawsuits, incapacity, and rising long-term care costs. Sadly, according to a 2010 survey conducted by Forbes, most seniors don’t have any estate planning in place. Only 48% of those 65 and older have basic documents such as a financial power of attorney, authorizing someone to make financial decisions for them if they are incapacitated and less than 60% have healthcare powers. Even fewer have a Will or Trust in place. But to make matters worse, many people who have gone through the steps of creating a Will or Trust think they are protecting their families and passing on their wealth, and yet... most of them are making critical errors with traditional “bare bones” estate plans. This problem is growing as America ages, in fact, nationwide, 10,000 baby boomers are turning 65 every day — and will continue to do so for the next 20 years.
That’s why I want to help make a difference in the lives of our local families. Estate planning is an essential process that provides a wide range of benefits for ourselves and our families while we are alive including additional protection long after we’re gone.
I am personally inviting you to attend this sponsored seminar where I will be covering a variety of estate planning options.
LEGACY WEALTH PLANNING:
Protecting Your Family, Leaving a Legacy
Thursday, May 10th
6:00 pm – 8:30 pm
Please RVSP by May 3rd
Contact Our Office by Email at Savannah@woodlegalgroup.com
I am excited about this new seminar and the possibilities of educating other families in our community about their options for protecting themselves, and leaving a legacy for generations to come. I hope you will join me on May 10th to support our firm and perhaps learn a new thing or two about estate planning and elder law.
During the course of the evening, I will address many common concerns and myths, and by the end of the seminar you’ll discover:
- How traditional estate planning has failed to protect most American families
- The advantages and disadvantages of Wills and Living Trusts
- How to maintain your privacy and protect your estate against a living probate if you become disabled (Hint: Not all Powers of Attorney are valid!)
- How to plan before you need Long Term Care
- How to leave property to your children – yes, there’s a right way and wrong way!
- Why putting property in children’s names may be a mistake
- How to protect your children’s inheritance from their future ex-spouses, lawsuits, and other claims
- How to preserve your estate for your kids if your surviving spouse gets remarried
- How Probate works and more importantly, how you can avoid the expense, publicity and delays of Probate altogether!
- How you can qualify and use Medicaid to pay for nursing home expenses which are over $9,600 per month locally
- How to provide for special needs (disabled) children and grandchildren
- Protect your business and personal property from the ravages of potential lawsuits Protect the value of your IRA or retirement plan as an inheritance
- The downsides to Joint Tenancy and how to avoid them using a proper estate plan
If you would like to join me for this exclusive seminar, please reserve your seats by May 3rd. If you have someone you’d like to invite to come with you that would be great!
Seating is limited and will be based on first come/ first served reservations.